There is much that the National Marriage Coalition would like to see achieved in Australia. The following are some of the objectives the NMC will be working toward:
- Increased marriage education and promotion in our school system.
- More funding for pre-marital, marital and pre-divorce counselling and education.
- Expanded financial help for married couples.
- A removal of the disincentives (financial and otherwise) to marriage.
- Government and non-government promotion and elevation of marriage.
- The affirmation of marriage as being between one man and one woman.
- The establishment of state and federal marriage and family impact statements on all new legislation.
- Advertising and education programs designed to highlight the benefits of marriage.
- An increase in the proportion of children born into married families.
- A reduction in unmarried pregnancy.
- A reduction in unnecessary divorce.
- A reduction and prevention of violence and excessive conflict in marriages.
- Removal of disincentives (financial and otherwise) for married couples to have children.
- The reinforcement and promotion of the social good of marriage.
- Emphasis on marriage in our sex education programs.
These and other aims will be worked on by the NMC in the future to ensure that marriage remains a bedrock institution in Australian life.
Click on the image below to download the "Marriage Manifesto"